Bags Forever Trendy
It really seems impossible to imagine any outfit without a bag. This is an item designed to look good for the sake of fashion and to be useful. How else are we going to lug around our essential bits and bobs. From the cradle to the grave – a woman must have her beloved handbag. Anyhow, it also plays the role of ‘security blankie’ – you know – something to hang onto.
Did you know that a handbag has the ability to enhance your overall body shape and size? It’s true. A large bag will make you look smaller and a small bag will make you look bigger.
Handbags just won’t ever go out of fashion. This item is just far too useful and we use handbags to express our personality. Besides they are a massive money spinner to the fashion industry because we are prepared to pay big bucks for just the right bag (you know you are).
To always stay in trend it’s good to build up a supply of bags i.e. have a variety of bags to choose from. You don’t have to do this all at once. You could build up to a collection over time. As bags are such an important fashion accessory – it makes good sense to buy good quality bags of varying sizes, shapes and colors. You can be sure a top brand like Hermes or Luis Vuitton or Chanel will never ever date (too classy dahling!).
It’s good to know what the most popular bags are. These are shapes that have stayed in trend over years and years:
- Clutch – small and handheld, often worn with evening wear
- Field – flap top shoulder bag with utility closures like snaps & buckles
- Baguette – long, round shoulder bag just like a French bread
- Tote – open bag with handles
- Satchel – large handheld bag
- Duffle – tall shoulder bag with open top and loose tie
- Hobo – crescent shaped shoulder bag
- Pouch – soft small with drawstring
- Messenger – large, soft shoulder bag with lengthy straps – could be worn across chest
- Cigar – small box shaped and hard
- Kelly – named after Grace Kelly, classic, large, structured with handles and unique hardware finishes (originally designed and made by Hermes)
PS: This season’s trend in handbags is brightly colored and every color.