Beachy Hair with Salt Spray
Warm weather is a a great time to work on your tan, relax by the water and get a texturized do that makes all others jealous. However, since beach hair naturally occurs from spending hours in the sun and salt water, you may think that it is a style that cannot be done at home. Well, you are completely wrong. With this simple to make salt spray, you can get the tousled tresses at any time of the year.
Getting the relaxed, slightly messy hairstyle is as easy as air-drying your hair. By following these simple steps you’ll have that summer style done in no time at all.
What You Need
- Spray bottle
- 8 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ω teaspoon oil, coconut oil is best, but olive oil or even a light hair conditioner will work. Try to use a coconut scented conditioner if available to get the beachy smell.
What To Do
- Pour the water into the spray bottle.
- Add the salt to the water. Make sure it is sea salt and not regular table salt. If you would like a for firm, crunchy style, add a little more salt.
- Add the oil to the salt water mixture. The oil will help condition the skin and will also provide a scent that reminds you of the beach. The salt could dry your hair out slightly so adding the oil or conditioner prevents this from happening. Do not add too much or it will weigh the style down.
- If you use olive oil, try adding a few drops of essential oil to give your hair solution some scent. The essential oils also have healing properties.
- Shake the mixture vigorously so that all of the ingredients become thoroughly combined.
- If your hair is already damp, spray all over making sure you get each spot. If it is dry, spray a lot all over your hair until it is completely damp.
- There are two types of techniques that you could use now.
- If you want a natural wave that is slightly messy, scrunch your entire hard of hair with your hairs so making sure that you do not miss any part. This is the best choice for people with naturally wavy hair.
- If you want a more uniform style, separate hair into one inch sections and twist each section. This is the best option for people with naturally straight locks.
- Let your hair air dry and enjoy your warm weather style.
- Apply another coat as needed