Beautiful Bedroom Dressing Tables
It is most definitely the trend for homes to be as minimalist as possible. We have come from a period of high consumerism where we owned far too many objects. There has been a complete turnaround. Many of us don’t want to be slavish consumers anymore.
Even minimalism can go too far. Yes, it really is lovely to be in a room that is calming and soothing due to lack of too much ‘stuff’. However, we still need a place where we can indulge (even a little). By indulge we mean some luxury and pampering.
A perfect room for some luxury is the bedroom. This is a room that should be plump with softness and beauty. This is the private sanctuary where we can pamper ourselves without feeling guilty.
A wonderful little bit of luxury is to have ‘his and her’ dressing tables. Today, it’s just as important for men to be well groomed as women. Depending on your personal taste you could have matching dressing tables or you could ‘match up’ two entirely different pieces that look good together.
Any good dressing table must ooze quality and be made to make your grooming a pleasant experience.
- There must be a large mirror attached so you have a life sized reflection of you.
- The surface of the table must be large enough to hold your creams, lotions, potions and perfumes.
- It must also be large enough for your blow dryer and or hot air brush. Your dressing table must either be placed close to a wall socket or have a pre-installed socket.
- It must come with a matching chair or stool upholstered in thick, soft, comfortable padding.
- There must be enough drawers to store all your precious grooming products and utensils.
Dressing tables take pride of place in the bedroom. They can be as ornate or as plain as you want. However, when checking out the merchandise at furniture outlets to get the best deal – make sure your dressing table is beautiful due to high quality materials and workmanship.