Best Plants for Your Conservatory
One of the most delightful parts of a home is the conservatory. This is a ‘room’ where you can enjoy all the seasons while being completely protected. Besides, modern glazing allows temperatures to remain temperate throughout the year. It is also a place where you can indulge in growing the most beautiful blooms and foliage. Some even grow a selection of vegetables. Many buyers and renters are delighted to find their new home comes with a conservatory but they do not know how to properly utilize it.
- It may come as a surprise to know that miniature orange and lemon trees thrive in a conservatory. Not only do they look very attractive but they perfume the air. They grow well in pots.
- Palms grow very well in a conservatory. If you have kids then place them in pots on shelves. This keeps their spikes well out of the way of the kids. Palms also give your conservatory an exotic appeal.
- If you want to add some drama then have a few red climbing lilies dotted about. The red is so bright it shocking and looks vibrant amongst the greenery of your miniature trees.
- Yucca plants grow tall and need very little water.
- The passion flower comes in many varieties. The most popular color is a vibrant purple. The flower grows on a vine and thrives in a conservatory. They grow in pots and creep along the ground. If you want them to climb place the pots beneath a trellis. They need to be watered everyday due to their fast growth.
- If you want a variety of fruits in your conservatory you could grow apricots and peaches. These miniature trees will actually produce fruit you can eat. The size of your trees depends on the size of the pots you grow them in. The larger the pots the bigger your trees will grow.
- Another fruit that grows well in a conservatory is the grape vines. You need to place trellises. The vines will climb from their pots and onto the trellises to hang overhead.
Not only does a conservatory have many lovely plants but it could also be a very comfortable corner of your home. It is advisable to have cane furniture with comfy removable cushions. Here you could relax reading a good book or listening to music. The conservatory is also a popular retreat to have breakfast.
Your conservatory will be a yearlong oasis where you can pick flowers and enjoy fresh fruit. Many people have become so enthralled they have turned the growing of conservatory plants into a passionate hobby.