Blue Eye Shadow for Winter
When you think of winter eye makeup, you usually do not think of bright colours. You especially do not think of wearing blue eye shadow. However, if applied correctly blue eye shadow can absolutely be worn in the winter time. If you want to rock the bright, icy colour simply follow this technique for a bright, trendy and unique look.
Winter Wonderland Blues
You will Need: Beige eye shadow primer, silver eye shadow, cool-toned blue eye shadow, medium blue eye shadow, dark blue eye shadow, matte navy eye shadow, highlighter, dark blue liner, black mascara.
- Apply the beige eye shadow primer across the entire lid to create a smooth surface to work on.
- Apply the silver eye shadow to the inner portion of the eye lid.
- Place the cool-toned blue eye shadow on both the inner and outer parts of the eye lid.
- Apply the medium blue eye shadow into the lower crease and the outer eye lid. This will darken the shadow slightly.
- Add the bark blue eye shadow to the crease of your lid and immediately go over it with the navy matte shadow.
- Sweep the highlighter under the brow bone.
- Finish with the liner on the lower lash line and a thick coat of mascara.
Your Will Need: Eye shadow primer, blue eye shadow, purple eye shadow, silver highlighter, purple liquid liner, brown or black liner, white or solver liner.
- Apply and even coat of eye shadow primer to both the upper and lower lid. This will create a clean and smooth surface to work with.
- Take the purple eye shadow and apply it to the crease of the eye lid, as well as the outer edge. Pull it towards the brow bone, but not up to high.
- Apply the silver eye shadow over the lid from the inner corner to meet the purple shadow. Also apply it along the brow bone.
- Take the blue eye shadow and apply it from the middle of the eye lid outward, stopping it slightly below the crease. Also apply it to 1/3 of the lower lid.
- Apply the white or silver liner to the lower lid.
- Apply the brown or black liner below the while liner on the lower lid.
- Use the purple liquid liner along the top lash line.
- Apply a coat of mascara to finish it off.