Cool Hairstyles to Wear Under a Hat
With the temperatures dropping and the brisk autumn air upon us, finding ways to keep warm are important. One of the best cool weather accessories is a hat. It not only keeps your head warm, but it raises your body temperature. Not to mention, it looks pretty fashionable. That is, if you pair it with the right hairstyle. Finding the perfect hairstyle to wear with a hat can be somewhat difficult. But have no fear, the following guide will help you get the perfect hairstyle to pair with a hat on those chilly autumn days.
The fishtail braid has recently become one of the most popular hairstyles of the year. However, if you though it was only for summer days spent on the beach you would be completely wrong. The laid-back, fashionable hairstyle is the perfect way to wear your hair no matter what time of year. Just make sure that you do the fishtail braid correctly to get the best effect.
- Start by separating your hair into two equal sections.
- Pull the sections to one side of your head so that the fishtail braid will be pushed to that side.
- Take a small chunk of hair from the outer edge of the left section.
- Pass the hair over the left section and add it to the right section.
- Take a small chunk of hair from the outer edge of the right section.
- Pass the hair over the right section and add it to the left section.
- Repeat the process until you have completed the braid.
- Tie off the end with an elastic and put your hat on.
- The best part about the braid, it looks great even if it is messy.
Low, Side Bun
For a classic look paired with a hat, the low side bun is the perfect hairstyle. It is romantic, sophisticated and ultra-stylish. To get this look, following the steps below:
- Create a side part on one side of your head by taking a fine tooth comb and placing it on your hairline about two inches from the center of your head.
- Pull the comb back toward the crown of your head creating the part.
- Take all of your hair and pull it to the opposite side of your head towards your neck.
- Pull your hair back into a bun and pin in place.
- Throw on your favorite hat and let others envy your look.
Down and Wavy
If you don’t feel like putting your hair in an up-do, just simply add a little texture to your locks. A wavy style will pair perfectly with a hat.
- When your hair is still wet, spray it with a light hold gel or a salt spray.
- Scrunch your hair or twist small sections around your finger.
- Let your hair air dry.
- Tilt your head upside down and spray with a light, flexible hair spray.
- Put on a hat and enjoy your fun and fabulous look.