Curl, Style Stubborn Straight Hair
Women always want what they can’t have. If you have curly hair, you likely want straight hair and if you have straight hair you likely want curly hair. However, achieving the desired look is not always easy. Getting your curly hair straight can be done with a flat iron and straightening product, but it can be quite difficult to get your stubborn, straight hair to hold a curl. That is, until now. By following this simple guide you will be able to get the curl that you desire and keep it for awhile. No more worrying about if and when the curl is going to fall out. Now you will be able to enjoy your hair and the attention it brings.
- Prep Your Hair
The first thing that you need to remember to do is to prep your hair. No matter what technique you are using to curl your hair, you need to prepare it for the styling. Use a volumizing mousse, gel or spray to prime your hair for the styling. It will give it volume, lift and texture so that the curls will hold. Just remember not to apply too much or it can weigh your hair down, or make them stiff instead.
- Less Conditioner
When you wash your hair before styling it with curls, apply less conditioner than your normally would. Try about half the amount. You do not want to weigh down your tresses.
- Towel Dry
After getting out of the shower, towel dry your hair before adding about a palm full of the hair product of your choice.
- No Brushing
When you blow dry your hair, do not use a brush. You want to keep any curl that is in your hair instead of brushing it out. Use your fingers in place of a brush to get rid of any knots and smooth out any tangles. If using hot rollers, do not dry your hair completely, leave it slightly damp. If using a curling iron, dry it completely.
- Hot Roller
If you are using hot rollers to curl your hair you should follow these tips.
- Divide your hair into one inch sections and roll into the rollers.
- Alternate the direction in which your roll to get a more defined and flowing look.
- The smaller the section, the more defined curl, but also the longer the curl will last.
- After completely rolling your hair, allow the rollers to stay in your hair until it is completely dry. About 20-30 minutes should be enough time.
- Spray the rollers with a flexible hold hairspray.
- Remove the rollers and spray with the hairspray again, but this time with your head upside down.
- If you want a looser curl, run your fingers through your hair.
- Curling Iron- If you are using a curling iron, follow these steps.
- Spray hair with heat activated styling spray.
- Take a one inch section of hair and roll starting from the ends up.
- Hold the hair in the curling iron for a few seconds and release.
- Coil the curl and pin in place.
- Repeat with the rest of your hair.
- Spray with a flexible hold hairspray and let sit in the pins for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pins and use fingers to loosen curls.
- Flip your head over and lightly spray with hairspray.
- Avoid using anti-frizz or shine products and also avoid over-touching your hair.