Go For Nostalgia This Year with ‘Christmas With the Rat Pack‘
The Rat Pack was a nickname given to a group of some very popular actors and performers in the 1960s, starting with actor Humphrey Bogart. The group went on to include Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop. The men were popular for their movies together as well as their stage performances, and starred in the original ‘Ocean’s 11‘ film, released in 1960. It’s unknown as to why they were called the Rat Pack, but today the nickname is known instantly for its association with the men and their antics onscreen and off.
The men were known for their music as well as for their performances onscreen, and in 2002, a compilation of their Christmas music was released under the album title ‘Christmas with the Rat Pack.‘ If you’re looking to add some fun and whimsy to your Christmas season this year, consider picking up the CD for yourself!
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow – Dean Martin
- Mistletoe And Holly – Frank Sinatra
- Christmas Time All Over The World – Sammy Davis, Jr.
- The First Noel – Frank Sinatra
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Dean Martin
- I Believe – Frank Sinatra
- Silver Bells – Dean Martin
- The Christmas Song – Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing – Frank Sinatra
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer – Dean Martin
- The Christmas Waltz – Frank Sinatra
- I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm – Dean Martin
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- Peace On Earth/Silent Night – Dean Martin
- Jingle Bells – Sammy Davis, Jr.
- White Christmas – Dean Martin
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear – Frank Sinatra
- Winter Wonderland – Dean Martin
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- Marshmallow World – Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin
The singing of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and their cronies is often described as boozy and casual, and this album is no different. Their distinct laidback style is heard in every track and they bring a certain sense of style to the traditional music.
Bringing ‘Christmas with the Rat Pack‘ home is a great way to add some nostalgia to your celebration, especially if you’re hosting your parents or grandparents who may have grown up with the music. They may relish hearing the traditional songs of the season sung by those they knew from their youth, and this can be a great way to bring a sense of whimsy to your holiday. The CD may also make a great holiday gift for those of an older generation, when you don’t know what to get for them and when they seem to have everything already!