Have You Ever Pulled Off Red Eyeshadow?
You’ve seen celebrities like Emma Stone wearing it, and models on the runway pulling it off, but you’ve never actually considered wearing red eye shadow. You may think that if you do you will look sickly, or possibly like you are having a severe allergic reaction. Believe it or not though, when applied correctly, red eye shadow can really make your eyes look amazing. They can make your eyes stand out and it can also really show off your personality. To ensure that you don’t end up looking like you spent the day crying your eyes out, follow these simple steps.
When you decide that you want to wear red eye shadow, the first thing that you have to consider is the shade of red that you should wear. There are many shades to choose from, so how do you know which is the right shade? The answer to this is determined by your skin tone.
- Light Complexion With Red Undertones
If you are on of the many women who have pink or fair skin tones, then you want to look for red shades that are almost brown. Going too red will be overwhelming. Coppery-pinks and oranges work well too. Make sure that you use a black or brown eye liner, as well as a few coats of mascara to break up the red as well. Also make sure that you are wearing foundation and concealer to mask your natural red skin.
- Dark Complexions
If you have a darker complexion then you have the ability to go a little wild with this trend. You can be daring and go with fire engine red, brick or even cherry or hot pink. Have some fun with the red and really make your eyes stand out among your dark complexion.
- Olive Complexion or Yellow Undertones
You can wear pretty much any red eye shadow as well. Go for a cream or pigment eye shadow, as opposed to a regular pressed powder one. Colours like magenta or rose will be the perfect compliment to your skin tone.
- Red eye shadow can be a little intimidating, but if you are going to dare to wear it you should go all out.
- For a subtle red eye shadow look, use a small eye shadow brush or eye liner brush and dip it in water and then in the eye shadow. Then simply sweep the shadow across your lash line to create and eye liner effect. You can wear this with just mascara or a light eye shadow. It is a subtle pop of colour that will really show off your eyes.
- If you wear the red colour as eye shadow, make sure you use a black eye liner and mascara or a really deep brown. This will help define your eye and ensure that you don’t look like you got a mean case on conjunctivitis.