How to Apply Pigments
Pigments are an excellent product, that you probably have never heard of. In fact, most people would just think you are talking about colours when you mention pigments. However, pigments are a super fine powder that allows you to apply the colour in an extremely detailed and intricate fashion. Pigments have very bold colours and can offer you a more dramatic and precise application. However, since the pigments are loose powder they can cause problems.
The powder can fall onto unwanted areas during the application process, leaving you with a big mess. In order to apply the pigments with minimal issues, simply follow the process below and be on your way to a bold, dramatic and desirable look.
- Gather the materials you will need. These include, eye shadow pigment, eye shadow primer and a flat, stiff makeup brush.
- Make sure your eyes are clean and free of any makeup and oils.
- Apply a coat of eye primer to both the upper and lower lid. The primer gives your eye a smooth surface and provides the pigment with something to adhere to. It also helps the pigment stay in play. Simply use your finger to apply a thin coat and blend evenly across the entire surface of your eye.
- Take the flat, stiff brush and dip one side of it into the pigment. Tap the brush over the cap to get rid of any excess powder. Press the pigment-side of the brush onto the lid to compact the pigment within the bristles.
- Place the pigmented side of the brush directly onto your eye lid and gently pat to apply the colour.
- Do not swipe the shadow across the eye because this will loosen the powder and cause a mess. Just gently pat it in across your eyelid until the colour is uniform across the entire area.
- Repeat the process with both eyes until the desired amount of colour is on your lids.