No-Frizz Styling Tips for Wavy Hair
Wavy hair is a wonderful thing. It is sexy, flirty, stylish and easy to maintain. However, with humid weather and rainy or snowy days your waves could turn into a big ball of frizz. This is the last thing that you could ever want. It will not only cramp your style, but it will leave you self-conscious and wanting to find a flat iron quickly. In order to prevent this from happening, you should create and anti-frizz barrier on your hair. Using the following tips you should have the frizz-free wavy hair that you want.
- Moisturize The number one way to prevent frizz from occurring in your wavy hair is to make sure that you moisturize your hair. After shampooing your hair, make sure that you apply a generous amount of conditioner to the entire length of your hair. Allow the conditioner to remain in your hair for at least a few minutes. The conditioner will work its magic and moisturize your hair.
- Leave In Conditioner Another great tip for preventing frizz with wavy hair is to use leave-in conditioner. If your hair is prone to frizz even on days without moisture in the air, then you definitely want to apply a coat of leave-in conditioner each day.
- Deep Conditioner If you get frizz on a daily basis you want to use a deep conditioner at least once a week and for as much as every other day. It will add extra moisture to your hair and will slightly weigh it down.
- Air Dry Another way to prevent frizziness is to allow your hair to air dry after applying a leave in conditioner. Avoid the blow dryer which could over-heat your hair and cause it to frizz up.
- Dry Shampoo One great tip for avoiding the unwanted frizz is to use dry shampoo. Instead of washing your hair everyday which could remove most of your hairís natural moisture, skip every other day and use dry shampoo instead.
- Avoid Over-Brushing One of the main causes of frizz is over-brushing. The brush will create static and cause the frizz to form.
- Flat Iron/Curling Iron A flat iron will get rid of the frizz, but will also get rid of the wave. If you want to keep your waves try using a curling iron. Heat up a one to one and a quarter inch barrel curling iron. Section out your hair into one inch sections. Wrap each section around the curling iron to set soft waves that are free of the unwanted frizz.
- Anti-Frizz Products If you have tried all of these tips and are still experiencing frizz then it may be time to turn to some anti-frizz products. The best type of product to use is an anti-frizz serum. The serum is lightweight and will not weigh down the hair. It will also add shine and make your hair smooth. You can use an anti-frizz cream as well, but keep in mind that this could cause you hair to be weighed down and your waves to fall flat.