Save Cash When Buying a Notebook
Consumers are hearing more and more about notebooks. This is because manufacturers are starting to do away with the name ‘laptop’. For example, Sharp, Sony and IBM are amongst many manufacturers that term all mobile computer models as notebooks.
Today, notebook is a better definition because computers are smaller and lighter as each model makes its appearance to the public. A laptop is made to be portable and to fit in your lap. A notebook is even smaller, lighter and easier to transport. It should be noted that some notebooks are the size of laptops but less bulky and much lighter.
Due to these reasons it is pretty easy for the average consumer to become confused when out shopping for a notebook. However, the main difference between a notebook and a laptop is the size and weight because both items use the same kinds of software and hardware and also 3G or wireless for internet access. A conventional laptop is more powerful than a notebook due to ports and drives. You must choose a notebook that provides sufficient memory for your requirements.
- If you are about to shop for a new notebook then consider which features you do not need. This will help you to save money. A good example would be backlit keyboards. These are usually only found on high-end notebooks. Also, without a backlit keyboard you are your notebook needs less power from the battery. An overhead light is sufficient.
- If you want a notebook for word processing, browsing the net and listening to music then you do not need the fastest speed. The fastest notebooks are the most expensive. It could cost $100 and more for a fast speed. Save money by opting for the basics.
- If you are an enthusiastic gamer then forget about an affordable notebook. If you are not a gamer then you do not need an expensive notebook that comes with discrete graphics. You do need discrete graphics to play high-end games. Even low-end games will be annoyingly slow. Discrete graphics are also needed to edit HD video. If you can do without discrete graphics then opt for a notebook with integrated graphics and save at least $200 on your purchase.
- It is a good idea to use your credit card when purchasing a notebook. There are some credit card companies that increase your warranty by an extra year. Even if you have the cash, put this purchase on your credit card and then deposit the cash.
- There are some who say not everyone needs a notebook with a security slot. However, because notebooks are small, lightweight and portable they are easy to steal. There is a high incidence of notebook theft and having a security slot is necessary and especially if you do transport your notebook regularly. There are some low-end notebooks without it.
Today, a notebook is regarded as an essential item but with some forethought and knowledge you will save money by paying only for what you need.