Things to Do Now to Prep Your Skin for the Cold Weather
The cooler weather months are upon us and with them comes cute sweaters, fun boots and dry, damage skin. The first two are highly anticipated, the latter, not so much. But have no fear, by following these simple tips you will have perfect skin throughout the cold weather months.
- Stay Healthy You know the saying ìyou are what you eat?î Well this is one place where it really shows. To keep your skin looking healthy and bright you want to make sure that you are eating a balanced diet that consists of a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.
- Water Water Water! Along with eating right, you have to drink right. Making sure that you drink plenty of water will help you stay hydrated. It will prevent your skin from dehydrating and keep it looking great.
- Hydrate and Moisturize Hydrating from the outside is also important. Using a good moisturizer will keep your skin moisturized, hydrated and healthy. It will also prevent dry and cracked skin.
- SPF Just because the weather is no longer warm, doesn’t mean that the sun is no longer shining. It is important to wear SPF year-round to prevent and sun damage.
- Exfoliate Make sure that you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. The top layer of skin will die quicker in the cold months. Exfoliating will help get rid of the dead skin and produce a new layer of smooth, fresh skin.
- Create a Barrier If you suffer from severe dry skin, you should consider purchasing a weather barrier skin formula. It will prevent damage from occuring.