Try Some Party Games for New Year’s Eve
Everybody looks forward to New Year. This is a time of special celebration and all over the world it is the custom to see out the old year and usher in the New Year with style. Celebrations begin on the eve of 31st December. Whether you intend having a big or small occasion, this special time is always celebrated.
A New Year’s Eve bash is perhaps the longest party of the year. Many revelers party the night away and keep going until the sun rises on New Year’s morning. If you are planning on hosting a New Year’s Eve party then be sure to have enough food, drink, music and activities to keep your guests occupied for many hours.
A good way to entertain is to have a list of games they could play. Games are an excellent means of making sure your guests do not get bored and everyone gets involved. Games are always a great means of getting all your guests to know one another and feel comfortable with one another. Not to mention all the good pictures you get to take.
The Punch Bowl Game
- Ask guest to form pairs.
- Each pair is given the name of a fruit.
- Somebody calls the name of a fruit.
- The related pair swaps places with one another.
- As the game continues it gets more complex as two or more fruit types are called out at once.
When You’re Smiling Game
- One guest is ‘it’.
- This guest is the only person allowed to smile.
- This guest must get everyone else to smile using any means.
- This game becomes hilarious due to desperate tactics.
- Eventually the last guest not to smile is the winner.
- This game is played by individuals or teams.
- A TV show, song, book or movies is chosen.
- The chosen subject must be acted out without speaking a word.
- The remaining players guest what it is.
- The individual or team who guesses correctly is the next to act out.
Seeing is Believing Game
- One guest is blindfolded.
- Other guests spread out around room.
- The blindfolded guest must try to catch someone and guess who it is.
- If the guess is incorrect the person is freed.
- The blindfolded guest must keep catching someone until he or she guesses the identity correctly.
- If the identity of the caught person is correct then that person is next to be blindfolded.
It is a good idea to spread out the party games i.e. have a game every now and then rather than one after the other. Or, if you have many guests you could divide them up into groups; each playing a different game at a time. In-between games offer snacks and drinks and encourage your guests to dance.