Tutorial for Hooded Eyes
Hooded eyes can make your face appear closed off. They say the eyes are the gateway to the soul, but if your eyes are hooded, it can be difficult to see their beauty. However, with the help of makeup you will be able to show off your beautiful eyes. To make sure that your eyes stand out, simply follow these makeup tips.
First you have to gather the materials that you will need to get the makeup look. The materials you will need are as follows:
- Medium/Dark shade of eye shadow
- Medium/Light shade of eye shadow
- Light/Highlight shade of eye shadow
- White eyeliner (optional)
- Black mascara
- Eye shadow primer
- Eye shadow brush
Now that you have gathered your materials, follow these steps.
- Apply eye shadow primer to the entire eye lid. This will create a smooth and even surface so that the eye shadow will stay put.
- Using the eye shadow brush, sweep the medium/light shadow across the entire surface of the lid up to the crease. Make sure that it is an even application. The light colour will help bring the eye outward so that you can see it better.
- Apply the medium/dark eye shadow to the crease of the eye lid, as well as the outer V section of the eye stopping ¼ of the way under the eye. This will help lift the eye and help it look more open.
- Apply the highlighter to the brow bone and inner corners of the eye to help catch the light and open up the eye.
- If you choose to use white eyeliner, applying it to the waterline all the way around the eye will help open up your eye and make it appear larger.
- Apply a thick coat of black mascara to lift your lashes for more eye depth.